Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Naptime Solutions

Exciting news! I finally got Mama and Daddy to be on the same page as me regarding this sleep stuff. After trying several strategies that I did not accept, they have finally landed on the one I've been waiting for!

Every day when I climb in bed for nap, Mama asks me what treat I want when I wake up. If I sleep, I get my treat, but if I don't, Mama says I'm too tired and I have to go to bed early, so no time for the treat.

I've been sleeping this week so I can have my treats. It sometimes takes me a full hour to fall asleep, but Mommy comes in and reminds me that I have to lay still to fall asleep and then get my treat.

So far, treats I've chosen:

Swimming in Mama's tub

Meeting Aunt Megan at the mall

Walking Dottie Mae all by myself!


Going to La Centerra and picking out a cookie

Today if I sleep, I get to go watch Daddy practice with his band at "new church". I've actually been asking for this treat all week, but I've had to wait until tonight. I have big plans to take my princess dresses and dance!

1 comment: