Sunday, February 28, 2010

Two Men and a Little Lady


I am one special girl. I know it, because my daddy got all dressed up and even wore a tie and took me to a fancy dance at our church. I got to curl my hair and wear make-up and a real life necklace and carry a purse and eat fancy noodles and dance and dance and dance! (DD brought Kate up for the last part so she could have a little time there, too.) It was such a special night that for the last week I have stopped what I'm doing to let Mommy or Daddy or whoever will listen know about another fabulous part of the dance.

Then my Daddy went out of town to a worship conference and us McClinton ladies took a vacation to Nana and DD's house.

We missed him so much, but it was really special to stay with Nana and DD during the week. And, since Daddy was out of town, DD and I got to go to Dad's Night at my preschool together. I dressed up like a cowgirl and DD wore his special Texas shirt and we painted with marbles, ate trail mix, colored a cowboy, and even did a rocket experiment. It was a wonderful night with my other favorite main man. Daddy was truly sad to miss my big night at school, but there will be plenty more and the sacrifice was well worth the time he spent learning so much about leading worship and praising the Lord. Plus, this way, I took my two main men to two different events in the span on 3 days. Talk about special!


And, Mommy says that behind every good man is a good woman. Case in point: Mommy helped plan the Father Daughter Dance at church, Nana took great care of us all while Daddy was out of town, Amanda and Amelia drove in town to keep Mommy and Kate company on Monday, Mimi sewed my cowgirl outfit for Mom when she was a little girl, and we all know how important the blue dress up dress and doll outfit are that Nanny made us. Kate won't put the blue dress doll down!

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF THE WEEK (Kristin King Photography was at the Father Daughter dance so when she posts those pictures, we'll put up a link. These are just from our camera.)

Love,
Avery Little Lady McClinton

(PS - What I dictated to my teachers about my Daddy:

My daddy is 8 yrs old.
My daddy's favorite food is oranges.
My daddy's favorite drink is coffee.
My daddy's favorite color is blue.
When I am at school my daddy is at work.
When my daddy goes to work he walks around.
When I'm with my daddy I like to go upstairs and make a choo choo train I got for Christmas.)

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful week the girls had. They are very lucky little girls.

    ReplyDelete