Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daddy's Valentine

Every year, Mommy helps me make a present for Daddy and Daddy helps me make one for Mommy in honor of Valentine's Day. This year, Mommy gave me about 10 papers of ideas she'd torn out of magazines to choose from. I didn't really like any of the ideas that much, so Mommy thought of another idea: Valentine's cupcakes. She pulled out the cupcake book and the pages flipped open to alien cupcakes instead of heart ones. I was riveted! Could there be a better Valentine's gift for Daddy?

Three times, Mommy tried to persuade me to do a Valentine-themed gift for Daddy. But every time, I was adamant: aliens. So, Mommy decided that if this gift was really from me, and if I was so sure about aliens, aliens it would be. Who says little green men don't scream Valentine's?

The aliens were fun to make for the first hour. But then I asked Mommy if I could go play while she finished up. Three more hours and they were ready for Daddy!

When Daddy got home, I told him, "Your aliens are on the table and they are kind of cute." He agreed, and said that aliens were the perfect Valentine's day gift. I knew Daddy would get it!

CLICK HERE FOR THE ECARD I MADE FOR MOMMY AND DADDY WITH NANA AND DD'S HELP

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF THE WEEK, INCLUDING OUR ANNUAL PLAYGROUP PARTY

Love,
Avery "Out of This World" McClinton

1 comment: