Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Zoo!

This week, I filled up my ROCK jar again and we got to go to the zoo! I told Mommy and Daddy that I wanted Nana and DD to come, and so we invited the whole family. Aunt Amanda, Uncle David, and Amelia all came for my ROCK party, too! It was a great day: animals, family that I love, carousels, a train ride, beautiful weather... it couldn't have been better. Towards the end of our trip, I looked up at Nana, turned on my super sweet voice, and said, "Nana, after the snakes and alligator, I really really think I really saw people with cotton candy." Having grandparents at the zoo is super special - Nana and DD understood exactly what I meant and I walked away from the zoo with a bag full of yummy sugary goodness. The trip was so much fun that I have decided that when I fill up my ROCK jar again, I will... go to the zoo!

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF THE WEEK
Love,
Avery Zoo Explorer McClinton

PS - Mommy says I should tell you also that Katie Beth is having something called a 'language explosion'. She's trying out her voice and has coined some new words: 'gawk' (milk), 'wah' (water), 'that', 'roar' (any zoo animal, including flamingos, snakes, etc.) and a whole lot of repeating words.

1 comment:

  1. I love the zoo, wish I could have gone with you. Fun pictures this week, and especially good pictures last week. Looks like Nana and D D spoil the girls a little.

    ReplyDelete