Monday, September 29, 2008

Favorites

My mommy had a running joke with her second graders back when she taught.  She'd pull out a book from the shelf and say enthusiastically, "This is my favorite book!"  The kids would then groan and say, "Mrs. McClinton, EVERY book is your favorite book!"  Little would Mommy have guessed, but the joke resurfaced this week when we were watching the Wiggles together.  I looked over at Mommy at the start of every song and said, "Mommy fae-bit."

It feels the same when Mommy talks about the seasons changing.  Every time we head into a new season, Mommy spends about a week telling me how that particular season is her favorite!  Right now, Mommy and I are oohing and ahhing over the mild weather, the feel of autumn in the air, and the excitement that comes with fall each year (Halloween, Daddy's birthday, Thanksgiving and family, yummy smells and foods!)  This year, we get to add another exciting event to the fall lineup - Kate's birthday!

We really enjoyed fall this week at our favorite park, Mary Jo Peckham.  We fed the goldfish and ducks, chased squirrels (I reminded Mommy that squirrels are special because they sing with Snow White), played on the playground, and I tried my hand at putt-putt for the first time.

I also had one last birthday celebration this week with my friends Hannah, Ethan, and Emma Kate, got to go to PetsMart with my playgroup friends for a "field trip", and spent the night at Nana and DD's, where I danced my heart out.  On Saturday, during swim class, Ms. Shell told my daddy she thinks I'm ready to move up to the next class - Goldfish!  It's NOT a Daddy-and-Me class, so Mommy thinks we might wait until the sister transition has taken place before putting me in a swim class without Daddy, but it's exciting that I'm learning so fast nonetheless!

I went to school for the second time this week and we seem to have figured out that pesky half-nap thing because Ms. Georgia let me read quietly in the book corner during rest time and then I got my real nap at home.  I also won Ms. Georgia over this week when I randomly walked up to her and happily asked for cuddles.  

While I was busy charming my teachers, Mommy went to see about Kate.  Kate is growing well and appears to be 4 lbs 5 oz, with some hair (but nothing like what I had!), and is most certainly all girl.  It looks like we're on track for a Nov. 6th birth, but stayed tuned for changes as the day draws near!

Pictures of my week  (There are 2 videos that should load automatically for you if you are in slideshow mode - turn up your volume if you can to hear me as well.)

Love, 
Avery

PS - This morning, I proudly told Mommy her real name - "An-ju-wah", and when Mommy asked what Daddy's real name is, I said - without skipping a beat - "Honey".  They may be Mommy and Daddy to me, but I know their alternate names!

No comments:

Post a Comment