Monday, October 6, 2008

Kate Party and Father's Day in October

I had another wonderful week, complete with park days, a visit to my favorite pumpkin patch, another fabulous day at school, and a "rabbit" movie (Ratatouille) at Miss Erin and Mr. Adam's house.



Then, on Friday, Aunt Erin and Uncle Trey got on an airplane to come see me. I spent Friday afternoon bonding with them, and that night, Mom, Dad, DD, and Nana spent a lot of time getting my house all set up. I got all of my pictures hung in my big girl room and they set up a new glider for me to read books in!



Saturday after swim lessons, Daddy took me to Aunt Erin's house, where I was slightly overwhelmed to see lots and lots of people who love me all having a party for Kate! Mommy says she has some of the best friends ever who made the party beautiful and so fun, and I agree! I loved the balloons, the yummy food, punch, and cake, and all of the presents for Kate and me. I especially loved getting special time with Nonnie and Nana while Mom and Dad opened gifts.



As if that wasn't enough excitement for the day, I went to Nana and DD's house for naptime because it was finally time to celebrate Father's Day for DD. Every year, the family plans a special menu (around a destination - this year was our trip to LA) for DD, and then we wait until the whole family can be together to make the meal. DD had to be REALLY patient this year, because Father's Day didn't come for him until October! While I was sleeping, everyone was busy in the kitchen making masterpieces. Dinner was amazing, as always, and I ended out the night cuddling with Nana and DD and bonding (again) with Aunt Erin.



I love keeping busy, but am looking forward to a "normal" week and weekend to recover from all of the excitement.



Pictures from the week - there are videos again this week - turn up the volume for a special performance by Trey and Pocahontas!



Love,

Avery



PS - For those keeping track, we're officially 1 month away from Kate's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment