Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Last Week Alone

This is it!  My last nigt as an only child!  I've had a busy past week and weekend preparing for Kate and enjoying the last days of my reign.  My weekly post is going up a few days late, because Mommy says there was a lot to include from this week as well and we wanted to be sure and save next week's email just for "Kate and Me" pictures.

Last weekend, Mommy and Daddy and I went and spent a fun family day at Dewberry Farms.  I got to see barn animals, ride a corn train, play on the playground, see pumpkins all lit up, and play hide and go seek with Daddy in a corn maze.

I also got to enjoy my last night as an only child tonight.  I have been requesting stroller rides (which is very random if you remember that I bucked strollers at 9 months and haven't been in one since) and playing in the coin thing at Katy Mills, so that is exactly what I got to do.  We also celebrated Mommy's last meal with Mexican food (Daddy says he hopes Mommy's obsession with fajitas starts to wane after Kate comes because the poor guy has been subjected to an awful lot of Mexican lately!)

Other things that made my week special were making brownies using Mimi's Halloween presents to me (sprinkles and pumpkin cupcake holders!) and celebrating at another "Kate party" (this one with my playgroup friends).  It's been a great ride so far, and Mom and Dad promise me that Kate will only make it better!

Tomorrow I will go to school and see Ms. Georgia and Ms. Jennifer.  Mom and Dad are going to drop me off at school and then head to Katy Memorial Hermann Hospital, where Mommy is going to have Kate!  My whole word is going to change as I am introduced to my (hopefully) best friend and little sister, Kate Elizabeth.  (Incidentally, Mom also says she is coveting any prayers you may want to send up for the event tomorrow.  Surgery isn't her thing!)

Click here for pictures from the week (There is a video of me and Daddy that needs volume)


No comments:

Post a Comment