Monday, October 13, 2008

Kate News! (and Other Excitement)

Dear family,

This week, the big news is about sister Kate. Last Monday, Mom started having something called contractions. I don't know what that means, but for 2 hours she called out to Daddy every 4 minutes that "another one was coming on" and Daddy wouldn't let me jump on her while she laid still on the couch. By the end of the night, everything was headed back to normal, but on Thursday, Mommy's doctor told her that there's little chance she'll make it to Kate's due date and that it isn't a good idea to "stretch" a c-section uterus with repeated contractions. So, she told my mom that Kate needs to come on October 23rd, which is just 10 days away (when Mommy is 39 weeks pregnant)! Mommy was shocked, but we're all pretty excited now! Kate even got a tiny Halloween costume - a bunny - and I am a little confused by that, saying, "Baby Kate Easter Bunny Halloween." This is tricky stuff!

While Kate is the big news (and big excitement) around our house, I still did manage to have a fun and adventurous week of my own.

Highlights include:

*My first trip to the dentist (all is well on that front, and I've even gained a whole pound in 1 month!)

*Following Oscar around relentlessly - and learning to steal his bunny for fun (Mom says he's a real trooper!)

*Daddy's new glasses (somehow he alluded the camera this week, stay tuned for pics of him and his handsome new look!)

*Dottie and Oscar's trip to the vet (as you can imagine, I was quite the helper!)

*Dottie's allergic reaction to the shots, causing "Fat Face Dottie" (she's fine after Benadryl)

*Another great day at school (I am finally comfortable enough with Miss Georgia to thorw fits for her)

*My school's Fall Festival with Daddy, Mommy, and Nonnie

*Will and Luke's birthday party, watching Nana and DD's dog Rascal all weekend, and a yummy dinner out with Ms. Erin and Mr. Adam

Mommy and Daddy are spending the rest of this week and next enjoying their time with little ole me, knowing that life is about to change! :)

I love you all!

Avery "Big News" McClinton

No comments:

Post a Comment