Monday, September 1, 2008

Birth-Week!

This week was a big week for me! I learned that "birthday" is a word reserved for those not in the McClinton family... I had more like a "birthweek" celebration. I have so much to say, but I will try to keep it reasonably short...

On Thursday, I started my birthday celebrations with my friends from Focus Group. Mommy made cupcakes, Daddy frosted them, and I decorated them all by myself (with VERY clean hands). Then, I got to share them with my friends!

On Saturday, I woke up and got to have breakfast at Denny's with my Mimi and Papa. They brought me this amazing box full of fun. It has so many dress up clothes in it, and Mimi decorated it just for me! I enjoyed breakfast with them and showing off my swim moves. My naptime had to be pushed back some because Mommy and Daddy couldn't bear to make me stop playing with my dress up clothes.

When I did wake up from naptime on Saturday, I headed to Nana and Granddaddy's house, where I was excited to learn that my Great-Mimi and Great-Gran had come in town just to spend my birthday with me! I showed them a good time by dressing up and dancing for them, swimming in Nana's pool for their viewing pleasure, and giving hugs and kisses around the room. Saturday night, they took me to The Rainforest Cafe, and endured a VERY noisy dinner just to help me celebrate my big day. Afterwards, as we were walking back to the car, I turned to Granddaddy and told him, "Horses 'gin". He knew just what I meant, and after carefully selecting another riding partner ("Mimi too!"), we got to ride the carousel. Then, Mimi bought me a green punching balloon, which took up the rest of my night chasing it around the living room with Mimi. (That, and eating a Belle cake...)

As if that wasn't enough, I woke up on Sunday morning to a McClinton family tradition - breakfast in bed! Mommy and Daddy have been celebrating birthdays like this since they first got married, and I am in a big girl bed now and can join in the fun. I loved it! After breakfast, we headed to church, where I helped Mommy in the nursery and even learned she can hold another baby and STILL love me so much. After church, a quick lunch, and a nap, I woke up to find that Aunt Amanda and Uncle David came to Nana's house to party with me, too! We celebrated with a Tink cake, presents, and more dressing up. I got this amazing miniature baby grand piano from Mimi and Gran and honestly don't know if I prefer dancing or playing!

Sunday night, I headed to my favorite restaurant, Clay's, to play with the animals, enjoy the sandbox, and love on my family and some precious lifelong friends. Ms. Ella made my cake, and it was amazing! She made a barnyard cake, but made me my very own princess pony cake. Does she know me or what?!? I had such a great time, but when the presents were done, I turned to Mommy and asked her, "bath?" I was wiped out from my big weekend of celebrating!

Next Saturday, I celebrate my birthday one last time with my playgroup friends at Pump It Up. It's no small wonder that I feel that the world revolves around me! My friend Ms. Becky always says, "You can be spoiled without acting rotten," and I think I might be a perfect example of that!

LOTS of pictures from my big weekend

Love,
Terrific Two Avery!

No comments:

Post a Comment