Monday, September 22, 2008

6 Weeks and Counting!

We're down to about six weeks until Kate gets here and I spent all last week thinking about Kate and getting ready for her! My friend David's mommy had her baby this week, and so David got to spend the weekend with us. We had so much fun making music, dancing together, meeting Cole at the park, playing in the sand and water table (right now just the water table), and meeting Moira, the new baby. Ms. Ella, Cole's mommy, is also going to have her baby any day (today, we hope!) and so I've been thinking it should be my turn soon too.

Mommy has explained to me that Baby Kate will be here after Halloween, and I know all about Halloween because I see pumpkins in every store we go into. It's a lot of sleeps away, but I am spending the waiting time enjoying Mommy's ever-growing tummy (I like to point to it and say, "eat", to rub it and kiss it, and to line my princesses up on the mountian of Mommy's tummy.) I am also practicing for when Kate is here and Mommy needs help with all of the new baby chores. I have a special baby doll I got from Aunt Sandie this week that I have carried all over the house, kissed, hugged, and taken on walks in my stroller, and rocked in Kate's baby swing. I also have been spending about 30 minutes a day playing completely alone so Mommy can get things done (and in preperation for when Mommy is nursing or passed out cold - hehe - just kidding!) Mommy never knows when these precious moments will happen, but when they do, I can entertain myself with dancing, princess dolls, baby dolls, Oscar and Dottie, or a slew of other activites while Mommy does dishes, sneaks a snack, or just stands by and cries happy tears at what a perfect creation God gave her in me. Can you believe the world is going to have two McClinton princesses?!? Mommy's heart could just burst at the thought.

Love,
Big Sister Avery
Pics from the week

No comments:

Post a Comment