Monday, September 8, 2008

Spotlight on Friends

It's been another monumental week!  This week, we spent a lot of our time focusing on our friends.  Mommy helped throw a baby shower for my friend David's little sister (she'll be here any day!), I went to a birthday party for my friend Alastair, and I got to celebrate my birthday one last time with the help of all of my playgroup friends! (More on that later...)
But I've been busy with friends in other ways, too.  Last week, I went to my friend Mason's house for playgroup.  He lives on a lake, so his Mommy, Ms. Andrea, took us all out on their boat.  It was supposed to be a 5 minute boat ride around the lake to see the ducks, but when we were returning to Mason's dock, Ms. Andrea pulled the key out of the ignition and put the boat in neutral and it kept going - full speed ahead!  After 30 minutes of mommies calling daddies to see if anyone could help us get off of the speeding boat, Ms. Andrea suggested that one mommy jump off the boat onto her peir while she sped past, and then she'd keep circling and throwing us toddlers over one by one.  Needless to say, none of the other mommies went for that idea.  Finally, Ms. Andrea's contractor who built her house jumped on board, found the emergency brake, and saved us all!  It was 45 minutes total in the hot sun, but us kiddies never really caught on to the situation.  The mommies, on the other hand, treated it like a real emergency, complete with rationing the water in our water bottles!
As if that wasn't enough excitement, on Friday I got to go to my new school to meet my teachers, Ms. Georgia and Ms. Jennifer, and play in my new classroom.  Mommy wore her sunglasses on the drive there so I couldn't tell if she was crying or not, but she sure did put on a brave face for me when we got to St. Peter's.  I was really apprehensive about exploring the room and letting Ms. Georgia get too close to me until.... we found a Belle costume!  Once I had thaat beautiful yellow dress on, I felt much braver, and played happily and smiled for Ms. Georgia's camera.  Mommy feels much better knowing there are 2 Belle costumes, and Ms. Jennifer said I would be allowed to wear one all day if I choose!  My school is really amazing, and it is going to be such a wonderful experience for Mommy and me... she just can't believe she's sending her baby to "school", even if it is only for a few hours once a week!  I start next Thursday, Sept. 11th, and you know you'll get to hear all about it!
During my busy week, I also found time to visit with Dr. Clarke.  Mommy and Daddy talked up the free ice cream, so when he came in the room, I didn't care that he was a man at all!  I just wanted my free ice cream in a princess cup.  I'm currently in the 10% for my weight (I'm only bigger than 10% of kids my age) and 75% for height.  Just perfect for a ballerina!
While Mommy was at Ms. Auburn's baby shower, I went with Daddy to swim lessons.  I jumped in the pool and came up on my back all by myself, let Ms. Shell float me across the pool by just my pigtails, climbed out of the pool from the ledge alone, and showed off my signing and color knowledge by being the one who got to say all of the colors for the rest of the class!  I'm really loving swim classes, especially when Ms. Shell and Daddy are both there with me.
Finally, on Saturday, we got to play with my friends at Pump It Up.  Nana and Granddaddy and my playgroup friends all came to celebrate 6 of us who decided to have a party together.  Believe it or not, we were all born within 3 weeks of each other!  It was so much fun, and Nana and Granddaddy and Daddy all played hard with me... until Cole arrived.  When my buddy Cole got there, it was as if everyone else just faded away.  We chased each other, played copy cat, and jumped and bounced the afternoon away.  After that, I got to blow out candles on my cake and eat ice cream with DD.  Then, as if it hadn't been enough fun, I spent the night at Nana and DD's while Mommy and Daddy went on a date.  At their house, I helped make sugar cookies, decorate a Tink picture album, swam LOTS, and watched the non-scary parts of Snow White.
Whew!  I feel tired just writing about my week!  Mommy and Daddy say things are going to calm down some for the rest of September.  As always, I'm just along for the ride, whatever it may be!
Love, 
Avery Whirlwind McClinton

No comments:

Post a Comment