Monday, November 2, 2009

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To...

I've witnessed parties before. In fact, as a guest, I quite like them. There's food, friends, and cake! But when my first birthday party came, I wasn't so sure I liked being the guest of honor.

All these people kept looking at me and talking to me and I was just sleepy, sleepy, sleepy. And grumpy. After I had some birthday food, I was ready to at least look around at all of my friends and all of the fun: riding toys, a slide, a tunnel DD built for me... I have to admit, it was pretty fun!




One thing no one told me, though, is that I'd have to sit in my high chair all by myself while everyone looked at me and sang. At first, I was embarrassed, then I was sad. But when I realized, finally, that the cake was all mine and the singing had stopped, WOW! All that sugary goodness just for me?!? And no one to stop me??? This party thing isn't such a bad idea after all! (As a side note, while everyone was singing to me and I was trying to fade into my high chair, Sister was busy sticking her muddy feet on the table, dancing around, and otherwise begging for the attention to be transferred to her.)

Something I completely understand is the present opening. I loved tearing into the gifts and hugged my new babies, read my new books, open and closed my singing cards, and squealed with delight over each and every toy.

I especially liked clean up time. I seemed to come to life when everyone went home and Mommy and Daddy were busy cleaning up. Mommy says when I get old enough to say no to parties, she'll listen. Until then, we'll keep celebrating Mommy-style.

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES from the party and Halloween celebrations

(Sister "helped" Mommy on the computer this morning and when Mommy reclaimed the screen, a few favorite pics had been deleted into the nothingness of cyberspace. She'll try to find them before next week, but for now, these are the ones that survived.:))
Love,
Kate "Is It Over Yet?" McClinton

No comments:

Post a Comment