Monday, March 23, 2009

Kate's Big News and Avery's Big Week

Mommy has been talking a lot about Kate growing up, but to me she still seems an awful lot like a baby. Only, I have noticed that when I play alongside her, she's started trying to grab my stuff. Uncool!
Some of the things Mommy has been talking about this week are "Kate firsts":

First tooth (no one even noticed it until it was fully cut!)
First foods: carrots (she likes it much better than rice cereal!)
First night away from home (thanks Nana and DD!)
First haircut (just a trim along the back)


Mommy says she did it all while sweetly cooing (which to the untrained ear may sound more like a pterodactyl shriek), never once fussing about the tooth or otherwise requiring attention. People spend a lot of time talking about how Katie is the perfect second child. Well, she may be, but I am certain that I am the perfect first child! When Kate spit up today, I worried about her to the point that I had to stop eating and run upstairs to get her new pjs and 2 stuffed animals. To make her feel better, of course.

This week was a busy one for me, but I handled all of Mommy's plans and all of the excitement just like a perfect first child: with wide-eyed wonder and unbridled enthusiasm. Life is so much fun when you're a toddler!

On Tuesday, we went to a St. Patrick's party at Miss Stephanie's house. We got to find green flowers (clovers) and trade them in for bubbles. Then, Mommy made a green dinner: green mashed potatoes, green peas, (normal colored chicken) and green jello jigglers cut out like those funny green flowers.

On Wednesday, I got to go to storytime and later have dinner at Clay's with Nana, DD, Mommy and Daddy. I giggled so hard when the horses ate out of my hands and told Daddy that the chickens were saying, "Don't eat me! Don't eat me!" Then, I had my normal bubble bath and ice cream at Nana and DD's and slumbered with them.

On Thursday, Mommy and Kate came to pick me and Nana up. We went to the rodeo, where I got to enjoy a petting zoo, ride a pony, see baby piggies, and pretend I was a farmer. Next year, Daddy says he'll take off work to take me, because I kept asking Mommy to ride the "big slide" and other crazy carnival rides. That's a job for Daddy! I ended out Thursday with my favorite mid-week activity: bible study!

On Friday, Mommy locked her keys in the car and so we couldn't go to our playdate. Instead, we made bubbles in the sand and water table and played at home. But, when Daddy got home, it was time for my date! Daddy and Mommy took me bowling. I loved throwing the ball down the shoot and carrying it around. (I didn't care much if it hit the pins or not...) Mommy is such a stellar bowler that she scored a 49! Then we got ice cream. Yum! At the end of the night, I told Daddy, "Daddy, I much fun bowling. Thank you for eating ice cream." Daddy said it melted his heart on the spot.


Click here for pictures.

Love,
Avery "FIRST child" McClinton

No comments:

Post a Comment