Monday, March 16, 2009

First Foods!


Kate says:


I've been watching the grown ups and big sister lately, and they do this funny thing where they put something in their mouth. They do it over and over and it seems like it just goes in there and disappears. At dinner a few weeks ago, I lunged at DD's "salad", a word I've heard the big people use about some of this stuff.

I guess that's what Mommy was waiting for, because she got busy preparing for my "first foods". She had daddy pull the high chair out of the attic, cleaned it, and set a date!

Well, from there, very odd things started happening. Mommy put this white stuff in my mouth. I was so busy smiling at my family that I didn't even notice at first. After a little while, I did a lot of licking followed by an involuntary swallow, which made everyone cheer. Then, DD gave me some more of the white stuff, and I after a few more bites, lost it. I do NOT think this is the same stuff I've seen the big people eating, and I certainly can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with it once it's in my mouth!

Mommy and Daddy have tried again every night since last Wednesday, and for 4 days in a row, I made faces and tried to communicate to them that this was NO FUN! But last night, something finally clicked, and I ate 6 bites! I think this eating thing may work out for me after all!

I grew up in another way this week also. I've started sleeping from 9 pm until 6 am without a feeding! What a big week for me!

We had other fun this week, too, but the camera that documented all of this weekend's events is riding around in Abilene right now, so Mommy says we'll post on Wednesday about the rest of the weekend.

Click here for pictures.

Love,
Kate "Growing Up So Fast" McClinton

1 comment:

  1. I love the story and pictures to go along with it! Can't wait to see you guys again soon.

    ReplyDelete