Sunday, July 27, 2008

Verbal Explosion

This week I've been hanging out with my Great Nanny and enjoying some playgroup fun! I've kept Mommy busy with my verbal explosion, which is both really exciting AND really tiring all at once!

One major benefit from my new found verbal skills (I'm saying more and realizing I can express whole thoughts!) is that I am MUCH less aggressive with my friends, because I know I can call for Mommy and she'll get me my toy back or help me wait my turn. It's so much fun not to spend half of my playtime in time out!

I've also used my new expressiveness to give Mommy and Daddy a chuckle once in a while. Below are Mommy's three favorite anecdotal moments regarding my verbal-linguistic skills...

1. When pulling through Starbucks, I started clapping my hands and yelling, "chicken, french fries!" It seems Mommy mistreated the Chick-fil-A run during her first trimester...
2. I wasn't ready to go downstairs when it was time for us to go, so I didn't get to be carried down. When I was finally ready, Mommy was downstairs waiting for me and I couldn't convince her to carry me, so I had to throw a fit. Mommy waited it out, and when I was ready to climb downstairs by myself, I headed down, hanging my head and saying pitifully, "Mommy, sad. Sad. Avery sad."
3. I fell and hurt my rear-end the other day and needed a little comforting. Daddy was sitting on the floor, so I backed my (naked) self up to him and said, "Kiss, hurt." Daddy was sure I didn't mean my toosh, but I wouldn't drop it until he (quite literally) kissed my bottom!

What week would be complete without pictures??? (CLICK HERE)

I'm looking forward to leaving tomorrow morning for LA to see my Uncle Trey, Aunt Erin (and of course the rest of the Wales family), and to visit Disneyland, Hollywood, and CA beaches!

Love,
Avery "Silent? What's that?" McClinton

No comments:

Post a Comment