Monday, July 21, 2008

We have a NAME!

Dear family,

My mommy's tummy has been growing and growing the last few months, and the baby inside is getting ready to come join our family. Mommy and Daddy finally sat down and really talked about Baby Sister's name (especially because I can't say "sister"), and have decided on one we all love! When mommy and daddy named me, it was a perfect, heaven-sent name. My name honors important people in my life and also is modern, but not over-used. Mommy and daddy wanted baby sister to have just as special of a name, that fit all of their criteria beautifully. Well, they found the perfect name.... Kate Elizabeth McClinton!

Kate is derived from my Great-Nanny's name, Kathryn, and Elizabeth is from my Great-Mimi (My Mommy's grandmothers). Just as I will grow up knowing how important I am because of who I am named for, so will Kate. Some of my mommy's best memories are from spending time with these two amazing ladies, and as Kate grows up, she will get to spend time with them and hear stories about them. She'll know just how important she is as she learns how precious they are! Mommy and daddy couldn't be more excited about the name, and on the first day they decided on it, they taught it to me. I've been walking around ever since calling my baby dolls "Kate-Kate" and telling everyone who asks me that the baby's name is "Kate-Kate". I love kissing Kate-Kate and laying on Mommy's bump to cuddle.

As you can imagine, this week hasn't been only about Baby Kate-Kate. I'm also getting a big girl room, slowly but surely. Weeks ago, Daddy painted the room and moved my furniture in, and since then Mommy added my quilt and 2 shams. There is plenty left to be purchased (curtains, more shams, bookshelves, bulletin boards), but Mommy and Daddy are all about the slow and steady approach to room decorating. :) The very best and most important part of my room, though, is coming together better than I could've dreamed! Being a librarian, Mommy decided to do my room in storybook characters. Daddy is painting the canvases in purple, pink, and green, and then Granddaddy is painting favorite characters on the canvases. It's a LOT of work, but you'll never hear Daddy or Granddaddy complain about doing something for me! :) Mommy chose 14 of our favorite characters, and we're about half-way through with them. We need them all to be able to hang them (so we get spacing right), but that fits perfectly into the name of the game - Slow and Steady. :)

(And YES, those paintings are all hand-done, not scanned images! You're not going to believe how good they look!)

Love you!

Big Sister Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment