Sunday, January 15, 2012

Saying Goodbye



Some of our very, very dear friends, Adam and Erin, are about to move away... to England! Their adventure means excitement, obedience to God, and I am certain - blessings. However, it also means saying goodbye... although only temporary and only in a physical sense - they will never be far from our hearts or our emails.
I've tried to think of a way to put into words what these friends of ours mean to us, but there aren't words that are worth the weight of their friendship. The pair of them have been neighbors, ministry partners, friends, vacation partners, and examples in our lives. Jordan and I have been so honored to walk with them on the paths God has led them down and cannot imagine the last five years without them. I would never lower myself to actually begging them to stay... but it certainly has crossed my mind once or twice. ;)

To say goodbye, we gathered with some close friends. We played a few games and had a photo booth, which turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the evening. Our friends are super creative when given props, a camera, and a solid backdrop!

My other favorite part of the party was a game we played. Everyone filled out a card, "Adam and Erin will be missed because..." and then as they were read aloud, Adam and Erin guessed who filled out which card. There were so many beautifully written reasons, and Jordan and I talked on the way home about each one. We agreed wholeheartedly with several, but one that sums it up for me right now is that Adam and Erin will be missed because... they just feel like home to me.

I'm so proud and excited for the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment