Saturday, December 31, 2011

'Tis Better to Give...

That's what I found out this year!

Since I'm a big kid at school all day, Nana and DD have less time to spend with me. Reese and Kate get to see them during the week sometimes, but I'm at school. So, when Christmas break rolled around, Nana and DD and I had a special day together.

Our day at the Galleria turned into a shopping spree for me! When we visited the new Disney Store, I got really excited about all of the gifts there were to choose from.... This one for Katie, this one for Mommy... and don't forget Uncle Trey! I found many gifts at The Disney Store but not everyone's... we had to visit the Lego store and a lotion place to finish off my list. And then... back at Nana and DD's house, I was allowed to wrap the presents all.by.myself!

I was so excited and kept dropping hints (but never gave away Mom or Dad's gifts) so Nana and DD decided this might be a new thing for our family. A few nights later, Kate, Nana and DD all snuck away to do their Christmas shopping as well. Nana said that Kate is a very decisive shopper... she knows who wants what! She was in the dog aisle and Nana asked, "Kate, do you want to buy presents for Oscar and Dottie?" Kate told her, "No. They only like chocolate and I don't see any chocolate here." True enough.

The best part of gift giving wasn't the shopping OR the wrapping... although that was amazing. The best part was when we gathered as a family and I got to watch everyone open their gifts! Legos for Trey, a back scratcher for David, mugs for Mom and Dad, lotion for Erin, Nana and Amanda, dolls for all of us girls. I giggled with glee as each person opened their present and told me how perfect they were.

I loved the presents I got this year, also. But I'd say this Christmas, it was better to give than to receive!


Love,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment