Sunday, December 4, 2011

Speechless

I'm not often left speechless. Words usually come easy for me.


But lately, there are so many moments when I get the fullness of one of these girls.

They give me a look or say something that I want to be etched into my very being so I won't forget it. Or maybe I drive past the hospital and realize how very blessed we are to have three healthy girls. Or I'll be walking to school and notice how easy it is for Avery to run ahead of me and then come back to hold my hand... she's not too old for me just yet.

There are so many reasons, so many unpredictable instances. They come upon me and my heart aches with joy and love deeper than I've previously understood. In a moment, I'm brought to my knees and tears well up.

And I have no words.

No way to tell the Lord the depth of my gratitude, no way to pass on to my girls that the very beating of my heart is theirs. I can't seem to figure out how to express what happens to me, but not for lack of trying.

Some things, it seems, are deeper than words.

And I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment