Monday, November 28, 2011

Gobble, Gobble!

I've been trying to tell my mom for a few weeks now that I am hun-gry. And since she seemed unimpressed, and since Thanksgiving seems to have a lot to do with feasting, I decided it was time to up the ante.

In the last week, I've taken to lunging at food of all kinds. If it's on the table, I am going to get it. I am so over a liquid diet.

Mom may be slow on the uptake, but Nana and DD got me. As I was lunging for a dinner plate this week, Nana pulled out a box of rice cereal. I didn't know what it was; and I didn't care. It looked like food. Time to eat!

I gnawed on the box as if to say, "Yes! This! I'll take it!" ...And mom relented. Next thing I knew, I was getting spoonfuls of rice cereal. I heard that for most babies, a first feeding is like a learning experience - some of the food accidentally ends up being swallowed but most of it isn't. Not me! I wasn't going to let one precious drop of the cereal go to waste - I gobbled it right up.

So, as my family sat down around the table on Thanksgiving day and enjoyed the feast, I had a feast all my own. Sure, the sweet potatoes and turkey looked a lot tastier than my rice cereal, but a girl's gotta start somewhere!


Love,
Reese Gobbler McClinton



No comments:

Post a Comment