Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Oh Halloween. I love it. Dressing up in fancy dresses is a part of my daily routine anyways, but when you add candy and parties and pumpkins - now that's what I call a good time!

The celebrating this year started with a playgroup party for my pals and me while Avery was at school. We listened to a story and then painted pumpkins. The mommies ate like queens. The joy of potluck parties.

Next came my school fall festival, which I enjoyed with Avery and Amelia. The best part was when we got to pick out the bake sale item. Nana, Amanda, Mommy and Daddy were eyeing the brownies or the cookies or the neatly decorated cake. But we found the greatest prize of all! Strawberry iced cupcakes! Never mind the icing was stuck to the saran wrap; never mind that other children had stuck their fingers into the saran wrap and left prints in the cupcakes; never mind that Amelia carried the cupcakes all around like they were a bag of apples. Those cupcakes were worth every penny!

For Daddy's birthday, I wanted to go to the Children's Museum. BUT we discovered that the whole place was turned into a Haunted Mansion and Daddy and Mommy decided a trip to Dewberry Farms would be more fun. It was! We love that Daddy, who willingly celebrates his birthday with kid-centered activities.

Avery had a costume parade at school and decided to be Pinkalicious (it had to be a character from a book). I was so jealous of her cool pink hair that Mommy said I could be Pinkalicious for Halloween trick or treating if I wanted. And I certainly wanted.

But first, we got to play at Avery's playgroup party. Thankfully, we agreed to wear our actual Halloween costumes and looked divine in our snow princess dresses. Avery picked her white costume out and when we couldn't find a white snow princess in my size, Mom explained that sometimes snow princesses wear pink.

On Halloween night, Avery and I both decided we needed to be Pinkalicious. We got to trick or treat with Nonnie and Daddy (who said only one person knew exactly what we were supposed to be). We got back to the house to help pass out candy, and you know what? That's almost as fun as trick or treating! (Avery said not to tell, but when Mom and Dad were handing out candy, she would grab handfuls and stuff them into her own pumpkin. Pretty clever if you ask me.)


Happy Halloween, everyone!
Love,
Pink-Snow-Princess-Pinkalicious Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment