Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Return of Date Night

When I was a baby, my Mom and Dad used to take Eggie on date nights and let me stay at Nana's. Mommy always said that when I turned two, I'd get to go on dates also. But a while back, Avery started asking Mommy and Daddy if I could go with her on her dates - it was more fun for us to be together than for her to get one-on-two time.

Lately, though, Avery has been asking things like, "How come I don't get any attention?" and "Why did you tell Kate 'Good Job' and not me?" She also said she's ready to start date nights again. They were happy to oblige.

Mommy and Daddy took Avery to Chuck E. Cheese for her return to date nights. I wasn't upset; Nana and DD picked one of my favorite restaurants to take me to while Avery was with Mom and Dad, and then Avery got to spend the night at Nana and DD's with me after her date.

Then, as it happened, I got invited to a birthday party at Monkey Joe's for a classmate. Since Avery didn't know the birthday boy, Nana and DD played with her and I got a date of my very own with Mommy and Daddy. It was so much fun! I got to be the center of their attentions, and when it was all done, I ended date night the same way Eggie did: a sleepover at Nana and DD's house with Eggie.

Mommy says that once Reese is here, we'll probably have to have one date night each month... Eggie's turn and then my turn. But it was pretty special to get to work two date nights into the same month this time. And, with the special attention, the fun plans, and the bonus sleepover... I think I love date nights!


Love,
Kate Gal on the Town McClinton

1 comment: