Monday, May 16, 2011

Mayfest!

This weekend, my gymnastics class got to show off some of our skills to our families. For about a month, we've been working on a dance to warm up with. Sometimes I paid really close attention and sometimes... sometimes I was more interested in the new decorations going up. But on performance day, Nana and DD said they were really impressed with my dance and with my skills. Just like in anything in life, some of the skills are really fun and easy for me (jumps into the pit and the 'high bars' included) and some are mostly just fun for now... I'm sure I'll get better and better at them if I keep practicing (trampoline and 'squat ons' are in that group).

Of the whole year of gymnastics and our Mayfest this weekend, I told Mom that the thing I remember most is the Purple People Eater dance and my favorite thing of gymnastics was getting flowers from Nana and DD and a shiny trophy from my coaches. Never mind all of the skills... flowers, a trophy, and a funny song will win me over every time.

Watch out, Shawn Johnson! Here I come!


Love,
Avery Gymnast McClinton

1 comment:

  1. It saddens me to think how Avery is growing up so fast. I like the picture of the FOUR girls and Angela.

    ReplyDelete