Monday, May 9, 2011

Mommy's Garden

This year for Mother's Day, I decided Mommy needed a flower garden. Daddy thought it might make more sense for us to get her a vegetable garden instead. So, for about a month, I've been making big plans for the garden. I've tried to blow the secret to Mommy so many ways: telling her it'll take a while to really get her present because it will have to grow, whispering about it to Hannah in carpool... and finally blowing it completely the day before Mother's Day.

I had so much fun with Daddy at Home Depot picking out the plants and getting the garden all ready. Daddy let me pick, and I chose: an orange tree, zucchini seeds, bell pepper seeds, sugar snap pea seeds, 3 kinds of tomatoes, a watermelon vine, a jalapeƱo plant, and three herbs. Mommy has quite the garden now, and Daddy says he'll help keep it alive since that's not something Mommy has ever done well before.

We celebrated Mother's Day also with our first swim of the season and breakfast and presents with Nana. It was such a special weekend. I think I love Mother's Day as much as Mommy does!


Love,
Avery Green Thumb McClinton

1 comment:

  1. what a fun thing making a garden for Avery and Kate. not so much for Jordan. I love the shoe cookie for Angela. The best picture is of Angela that Avery drew. It really captured her profile, tummy and all.

    ReplyDelete