Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kitty Goes to School

On Thursday, we drove to Sister's school. Only, weird thing, we didn't go to a classroom for Sister. We went to a classroom where the lady kept talking to me and the other boys and girls looked like me, not like Sister.

Midway through our time there, Miss Debbie talked about how we were going to come back here. And Mommy must have realized she hadn't informed me that I'd be going to school because she bent down and began telling me about how I was going to school. What? (I heard later that when Avery started back to school, they spent a month talking about it and reading books about it...)

The next day, we dropped Avery off in her car rider line and then Mommy and Daddy walked me in. Mommy says I did better than she thought I would (I whimpered some and cried when they left, but only until Miss Georgianna cuddled with me). Miss Debbie said I really liked classroom time, but when it was time to transition to the playground or music class, I cried a lot. The room is the safest place I know. Don't make me leave here!

Sister saw me on the playground and gave me a good hug. I felt better when I saw her.

And then, after lunch and rest, Mommy, Daddy, and Sister all came to get me! I was thrilled. The rest of the day, I acted the silliest I've ever been. It was just pure relief. You can never be sure - it crossed my mind more than once that maybe, just maybe, my family dropped me off with this colony of crying toddlers and two crazy women who sing everything they say and I was to start a new life there.

No matter who asks me, it always goes like this:
"Katie, did you have fun at school?"
"Yeah."
"Do you want to go back to school?"
"No!"

Mom says not to worry, I'm more resilient than I've ever had to prove before. School will be a blast in no time at all. Right?


Love,
Katie Beth School Girl McClinton

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Katie is little, but mighty! I liked the picture of Avery's first day when she was about Kates age, and the one of Kate. Noticed they wore the same dress to start school. How cute.

    ReplyDelete