Sunday, September 19, 2010

Daddy Traveling

Daddy started a new job a few months back and, in addition to being exciting and challenging, this new job requires some travel.

A few sure signs that Daddy's traveling has begun:

Avery: "Mommy, last night my dream was about Daddy coming home."
Avery (to Kate): "After tonight is school, and then.... DADDY!"
Avery (to Mommy): "I think it's time to leave Daddy a message on his phone. Again."

Every night, we wrote letters to Daddy to keep him informed of our day's events.

Monday's letter:
Dear Daddy,

The worst part of today was getting shots.

The best part of today was playing with Cole and school. The best part was playing Rapunzel outside. And Cole did something special! He brought the Play-Doh outside and we had it on the bridge part. And we made pizzas. And Rapunzel's was the biggest of all.

I love you! Night night.
Avery

Tuesday's letter:
Dear Daddy,

The worst part of my day was when Miss Steph's dog, Sam, terrorized me while I was trying to eat. Also the worst part of my day was when Miss Ella took pictures of me instead of helping me when I was crying. So what if I'm cute? Help a sister out.

The best part of my day was when Mommy told me I was going to go see Nana and DD. "DD!" "Yes, baby, and who else will we see?" "Nana!"

I love you Daddy!
Katie Beth



Wednesday's letter:
Dear "Daddy",

The worst part of today was when the mean geese cornered me and my tiny Kitty for our bread. Luckily, a Hail Mary pass of the bread to Ella saved the day.

The best part of today was when Luke took out the trash and Adam and Ben cleaned the house and did the dishes while the women took their turn discussing the book. Is it possible that at 30 years of age, I still have yet to take out the trash? Yes, it is. :)

Love,
"Mommy"



Thursday's letter:
Dear Daddy,

The worst part of my week was being trapped on Nana's couch late one night. Nana thought I was with Mommy, Mommy thought I was with Nana, and white kitty thought guarding me as a captive was a good night's work. - Dottie

The best part of my week was commandeering the entire expanse of the bed. With you out of the picture, I am finally free to implement my plan of total bed domination. -Oscar












We missed you, Daddy, and are so glad you're home!
Love,
Your gals

1 comment:

  1. Loved the letters to Jordan. (Oscar and Dottie, too) Sounds like you did just fine.

    ReplyDelete