Monday, June 7, 2010

One Fish, Two Fish...

Sister has always loved the water. And I mean LOVED the water. By the end of last summer, she was swimming as much as she was on dry land and after only a week back in the water this year, she's a regular dolphin again.

I wasn't so sure about the water. We've been swimming for about a month now, and for the most part, I've been happy watching, playing in the sand table, or eating poolside.

But this week, something happened! Our friend Seth had a pool party and the pool we were at had an extra long step (Mommy says, 'tanning ledge'). I could stand on the ledge and jump into the water to Mommy! It wasn't as far of a jump to get to the water and didn't take as much courage as going from the edge of the pool to the water does. I was hooked!

In a matter of minutes, Mommy went from having one fish in the family to having two fish. I get it now! Ever since Tuesday, I've been drawn to the water like it has some sort of magical spell over me. (Of course, since I'm Kate, it takes me a few minutes to warm up to anything. But instead of an hour to warm up, now it's more like 10 minutes.)

Nana and DD say I'm at the "dangerous" stage because I run to the pool without any fear of the water nor skill of what to do while I'm in there. Luckily, they knew this was coming and I'm already enrolled in swim lessons.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me... as long as I can get more pool time!


Love,
Katie Beth "Two Fish" McClinton

2 comments:

  1. I do believe Katie is growing. What fun the girls have swimming. Go, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! So glad she is getting into swim lessons!!

    ReplyDelete