Monday, June 14, 2010

"I Smile Because You Are My Mother..."

"...I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it."

That's what a pillow says that Nana helped me buy for Mommy. And this week, was it ever true!

Katie Beth and I have been really busy thinking of creative ways to try to make Mommy crazy. It's not easy, but when we work as a team, we're pretty effective. Just this week alone, here are some things we are proud to say we've accomplished:

General, around the house:
*Disconnect Daddy's Wii and leave the pieces laying about the living room floor (Katie Beth)
*Create a beautiful glued art project on the back of a professional 8X10 school picture (me)
*While Mommy is cleaning those two messes, head upstairs and dig old shampoo bottles out of the trash can. Use new shampoo and lots of water to mix in the old bottles. Pour bubbles all over the sink and floor. (me)
*Cover head in an entire bottle of baby powder (me again)
*Wait until Daddy heads downtown for a meeting and Mommy is stranded alone... then throw up. (Yep... me again)

While Shopping (This set of events took a good bit of teamwork and coordination. We're quite proud of the results, though):
*Spill bags of coffee beans all over the aisle (me)
*While Mommy is cleaning up the coffee bean bags, hold on to the side of the cart and do a forward roll out of it, dangling and screaming from the edge. (Katie Beth)
*Take Mommy's credit card out of her wallet and hide it in the DVD player. But do it quietly so she doesn't notice until she is trying to pay at the grocery store. (Katie Beth)
*While Mommy is moving her groceries over so she can pay with a check, find chewed gum under the conveyor belt. Peel it off and use it as silly putty. (me)

During naptime (Surprise! These are all me!)
*Choose not to flush the potty. When asked why: "Because I didn't want you to know that I wasn't taking a nap."
*Climb the dresser in my room. Use the shelves as a ladder. Get things off of the top of the dresser.
*Climb the dresser in my closet. Narrowly escape as it falls forward. Cry and wonder why Mommy and Daddy are so upset.
*Unplug and plug in electrical devices: my night light, my noisemaker... anything I can find.

Mommy and Daddy know that Katie Beth and I are just creative spirits looking for ways to explore and understand the world. But Mommy and Daddy haven't forgotten that Curiosity Killed the Cat!


Love,
Avery "Creative and Curious" McClinton

3 comments:

  1. I think mommie has her hands full. Someday, this will be funny to you, Angela, but for now, it is funny to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I was cracking up at a lot of those! They were sympathetic laughs, though, I promise. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it mad that I laughed when I read those?!?!
    Its only becasue I have been there girl!!! lol
    I promise it gets better (I just wont tell you how many years it will take!!)
    :)
    Isnt motherhood the greatest though!?!?!

    ReplyDelete