Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day with My Daddy!

Father's Day with my Daddy is always so special. This year, I decided that for his present, I would make him a cookie cake with a guitar on it, since he loves guitars so much. I came up with the idea all by myself and Mommy told me it was inspired. I helped with cooking the cake (Kate helped by licking all of the sugar off of the counter as I spilled it), and then - for the first time ever! - I got to try my hand at decorating with icing. Mommy made the guitar and one heart, but I did all of the rest. I was so proud and Daddy says it is a perfect cake!

One of my favorite Father's Day traditions is picking blueberries with Daddy, Uncle David, and the family. After three years of practice, this year I got it! I was filling up my basket while Kate filled up her mouth. It didn't take her long to learn the blue ones taste better than the pink ones... and then there was no stopping her!

After church on Sunday, we got to go play at a lake together for more Father's Day fun. Being with my Daddy, splashing and sliding, was so much fun!

Father's Day was a really special day for me AND my daddy!


Love,
Avery "My Daddy is the Best!" McClinton

1 comment:

  1. The cake is so good, Avery. I am proud of you. The blueberry picking is awsome, but not the chair.

    ReplyDelete