Sunday, May 2, 2010

First Swim of the Season!

Today I had my first swim of the season! It has been getting warmer and warmer, and today... swim time!

Earlier in the week, Mommy pulled out the small blow up pool and let Katie Beth and I splash around some. But nothing beats climbing in a real-life, honest-to-goodness pool.

My first dip wasn't a planned one. After naptime, Mommy and Daddy were finishing up a movie that was a bit too scary for me, so Nana took me in the backyard to "dip my toes in the water". Somehow, when Mommy came out to check on me, I was wet all the way to the top of my head. In my nap shirt and panties...

Well, it was so much fun that Sister joined in in nothing but a swim diaper. Heavenly.

I have a little bit of remembering to do yet. Like, how to keep my mouth closed when I go under water so I don't come up coughing every time. But I'm not too worried... I have an entire summer ahead of me and lots of plans to swim!


Love,
Avery Fish-Back-In-Water McClinton

1 comment: