Monday, August 17, 2009

Crash! Boom! Bang!

After almost 3 years of relatively uneventful life (as far as injuries go, anyway), I decided to give my family a three-for-one deal this week.

A week ago Wednesday, I was eating lunch at Nana and DD's, did a twirl in my chair, offset its balance, and went down with it. I was ok (I ended up facing the chair back on the way down, so only my fingers got smooshed), but Nana and DD's window was shattered. The chair hit the window on the way down, and the force was enough to shatter the window pane into many, many tiny pieces. Mommy thought she'd had her scare for the week...

On Saturday, at Schlitterbahn, I fell and hit my head (my head caught my fall). It took a full 30 minutes to stop the crying (very rare!) and then another half day before I felt good enough to act like myself. Mommy stood corrected - that must have been the scare of the week...

Well, this last Tuesday, I was so angry with Mommy for trying to fix my Dress Chica game that I began a monumental fit. It lasted the car ride home, through unloading, and while Mommy took Kate up to put her in bed. I was so mad at being ignored (while Mommy was focusing on Kate) that I kicked the wall...repeatedly. Later, Mommy was able to piece together that a picture frame fell off of our decorator shelves and hit me below the eye, but all Mommy saw when she got back downstairs was her little Fire Cracker, covered in blood and screaming in pain. After a frantic call to Daddy and a wet washcloth to stop the bleeding, it was decided that a trip to the "special doctor" for a "fancy bandaid" was in order. I sat at the ER for 5 hours, waiting like a champ, and even though the lady said she numbed my eye, the way they held me down and the way they messed with my face was nothing short of traumatic. I survived, and Mommy, gladly, can say that 3 near-head-traumas in one week was the scare of the week.

I didn't let a little head injury stop me from having a great week, though. I splashed in the splash pad (yes, that's sort of against the rules for headwounds...), I played with Aunt Erin ("Erin is always fun!"), I helped with Nana and DD's fancy Mother's and Father's Day celebration dinner, I saw baby Amelia...

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF THE WEEK

Love,

Massive Head Wound Harry Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment