Sunday, June 7, 2009

Welcome, Summer!

We had a wet first week of summer. We splashed in splash pads, swam in pools, and threw water balloons at each other. I had a really good time celebrating my friends' birthdays (pool and splash pad parties - what could be better?) and Mommy and Kate went to celebrate Amanda's new baby at a Baby Shower.

This week, I also have been watching a new Leap Frog video from Miss Auburn, and it tells me all about making words out of letters. Daddy and I worked with our letters on the fridge one night to spell CAT, and the next morning I was so proud to show Mommy what I knew! I walked over, selected the letters, and placed them in a row, just like Leap, Lilly, Tad and Daddy taught me.

Kate's been revealing more and more of her personality for us. She sort of reminds Mommy of a puppy or a silly little monkey - always into things but too cute to take seriously when correcting. She's learned to lean forward enough to get out of her bouncy chair, where the dog door is and how to reach out of it, how to truck it across the floor for shoes, cords, bits of fuzz, and anything I don't want her chewing on, and has even taken her first two crawls forward. This week, she ate one of the pieces to my memory game, Ariel's hair from my doll, several bits of scrapbooking tape, and a flip flop. She reminds Mommy of Chewy Louie.

I have big plans to keep enjoying the water, Kate has big plans to learn to crawl, and Mommy and Daddy have big plans of chasing the monkeys and laughing at every precious thing we say and do. What a summer it will be!


Love,
Avery "I can spell CTA" McClinton

2 comments:

  1. Miss Kate looks so cute in her swimming suit. It looks like Amanda's shower went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! I love looking at how the girls are doing. Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete