Friday, June 26, 2009

Magic Moments

Mommy says that there are moments in life that she wants desperately to remember. She also has a few that she'd be happy to forget. Digging a june bug out of Katie's mouth recently is one of them.

Another moment to forget happened last Thursday night. Mommy and I bought movie passes to watch movies all summer long on Thursdays. We'd buy popcorn, candy, and monkey juice and cuddle as the movie played. I did fine in the theater for Flushed Away and talked about it all week. The next week, we went to see Spongebob. I watched it, talked about it, was excited and happy about it, and then went to bed last Thursday night. After 30 minutes in the dark room, I was reduced to shaking, sobbing, and crying out, "I never want to see Spongebob again! I never want to see Flushed Away again! I never want to go to that movie place again!" Lights on and lots of cuddling finally got me to sleep, but Mommy sadly learned that I am not ready for dark, loud movies just yet.
Before the fear...

But back to the happy moments. Mommy says she loves watching Kate's "personality" unfold. I think "personality" means "things that would get me in trouble but somehow Kate is allowed to do", but I can't be quite sure. She's crawling and climbing all over the place, eating my toys, gulping bath water, and otherwise coming to life in full form.

Pulling up on things: Stairs, toy boxes, even in the bath!

Learning to pull down the shade on her carseat instead of sleeping...

Tearing apart the tupperware cabinet...

And as for me, Mommy says she loves watching me dance like the girls on So You Think You Can Dance. I wave my arms and spin about and sometimes involve Ariel or Daddy or Sister in the fun. I tell Mommy often that I want to dance like that, "when I get a yittle owder."

Today I enjoyed friend time at the pool, as well. I sure do love summer!



Tomorrow we're getting on an airplane to go to the beach and play. More magic moments in the waiting!

Love,
Avery

1 comment:

  1. yeah for your blog.. so happy to have this now too!

    ReplyDelete