Monday, June 15, 2009

The Relatives Came

"Talk about hugging! ...You'd have to go through at least four different hugs to get from the kitchen to the front room. Those relatives!" -The Relatives Came, Cynthia Rylant

I had a weekend a lot like Cynthia Rylant tells about this weekend. We went to Lockhart for my Great-Gran's 90th birthday. It was also Chisolm Trail Round-Up and the Schneider Family Reunion... I didn't know what those things meant, but as it turns out, a Round Up means parades and lots of barbeque and a "reunion" means lots and lots of relatives. Nana read to me about the relatives in that book, and it turns out, relatives are lots of fun! They hug and swim and watch parades with you and tell you how pretty you are. A girl could get used to lots of relatives!

It was such a fun weekend. I'm so proud of my Great-Gran, one of the youngest 90 year olds you'd ever see. And it was so neat to meet cousins my age, cousins my mom's age, and cousins my Nana's age. So many, many cousins!

As a special treat, too, I got to sleep at my Nanny's house and some cousins on Nana's side of the family were in town, too. What a special time with family!


Love,
Avery "Relatives!" McClinton

1 comment:

  1. This was such a big weekend for two small girls. I am sure it will take a week for them to get over it. Avery was fun to watch at the parade, and I hope she will come to sleep on the "majic bed" again. Love, Great Grandmother Nanny

    ReplyDelete