Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!



Mommy says:

When I fell in love with Jordan, I was, like 12 years old (give or take 4 years). Being a good dad wasn't really something I thought much about. Granted, I did tell him on our first date that I wanted to be a stay at home mom and he better get out now if that wasn't going to work for him, but actual qualities that would make him a good dad, not on my mind back in 1996.

As it turns out, being a good dad goes hand in hand with being a good man. It just seems to come naturally to him.

And so today, I appreciate my husband, and more importantly, my daughters' father, for so many things.

I appreciate how commited he is to God. He is such a servant leader, and I know I can trust large decisions to him because he first seeks God.

I appreciate the way he puts our little family of 4 first. Everything he does shows me that we matter to him and are always in his heart and on his mind.

I appreciate that he sacrifices gadgets, vacations, nice cars, and fancy things because he has fully embraced my desire to stay at home as his own.

I appreciate the way Avery knows "Daddy can fix it" because "he have big muscles". That girl looks up to her daddy in so many ways and as she grows up and learns more and more about him, she will find out how very justified she is in looking up to him.

I appreciate the way Kate lights up when he walks in a room. I love watching her flap her arms and squeal when he first gets home. Love, I tell you.

I appreciate the way he is always growing as a man and as a dad. He looks to examples in his life of how he wants to be for our little ladies and blesses us all as he mimics them.

What a dad! My girls have no idea how very, very blessed they are.

(It was a HUGE week in other ways, also. Kate started crawling (mostly) and we had nonstop activity all weekend, including our annual blueberry picking and Kate's baby dedication at church. Don't miss the pictures!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I couldn't have said it better. Jordan, you are everything and more than we could have wished for in a husband and father for our girl, and yours. Thank you for blessing our lives!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully written Angela!

    And Jordan and the girls are so blessed to have you too!

    ReplyDelete