Sunday, May 17, 2009

Celebrations

This week, my Mimi and Gran and "that other yady I yove" (Aunt Melinda) came in town to help Aunt Amanda celebrate her new baby (still unamed - we know how that goes!). We got to play and dance and be with Daddy, Gran, and DD while Mommy went to Aunt Amanda's shower.

Mommy and Daddy also celebrated trying new things on their date Saturday night. Mommy said she ate sushi - she told me it is fish that doesn't get to get cooked first! (It's not as bad as Mommy thought it would be.) I didn't care what they were doing because I was too busy spending time making Sister laugh, laugh, laugh!

Today, I celebrated moving into a big girl class at church. I got to see Mr. Whiskers the puppet and play with Ms. Nicole and Mr. Brad. Mommy told me that Ms. Nicole is going to be a White C-rah Bride, but I didn't see her white dress when I got to church. What was that about?
The best part of all was that at lunch, Mommy asked the classic after-church question: "What did you learn in church today?" And to her surprise, I had an answer! Sometimes I'm hard for other people to understand, so the transcript is as follows:

"Avery, what did you learn in church today?"
"Jesus was in the tomb."
"Jesus was in the tomb? And then what happened?"
"He come out 'cause he's 'ayive' (alive)."

(Sorry it's sideways)


There isn't anything in this world that is as important to Mommy that I learn than this, so Ms. Nicole and Mr. Brad have now been officially placed on the pedestal for teachers in my life!

Click here for pictures of the week

Love,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment