Monday, February 2, 2009

Nacogdoches

From Kate:
This weekend we visited my Great-Grandma and Grandpa in Nacogodoches, Texas. We left after Daddy got home from work and drove for a few hours. Sister was being very well behaved, so I took the reins and cried for a good portion of the trip and for a good bit when we first arrived.

While we were in Nac, we went to the zoo. The Lufkin Zoo is so small that we were one of 3 families there and the animals were so close that Avery got to really check them out. She enjoyed the enormous gila monster, the leopards, the toucan, and many more animals. I enjoyed staring through the top of my stroller into the sky.
Grandpa also took Avery fishing. She enjoyed watching the orange ball bounce up and down. I enjoyed looking through the top of my stroller into the sky.
While we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house, Avery was busy playing princesses, reading, and coloring with Grandma and Grandpa. I didn't mind if she got a lot of attention: when she went down for naptime every day, I got to sit and rock with Grandma for hours. I loved watching out the window and listening to Grandma's voice.

The weather was perfect and so was the company. Three cheers for Nac!

Click here for the full slideshow of the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment