Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ever-evolving

Cold and flu season may be on its way out, but it isn't going down without a fight. Daddy got hit hard this week, and Mommy, Kate, and I are all working hard to fight off the yuckies right now. Mommy says we're having a fat party on March 1st to say goodbye to sickness for the year (since the doctor says cold and flu season lasts October-February, we're counting on it)! :)

Mommy also keeps making this comment - about how she can't blink anymore or else we'll be grown and gone - and I don't really know what's so wrong with blinking. She talks also about how Kate and I are "ever-evolving" - how we never stay the same for 2 days in a row. I don't know how blinking, growing, and evolving are related, but she talks a lot about those three topics in combination... especially this week.

I noticed her talking about those three words this week at many different times:
*When we weighed Kate and noticed her precious fat rolls - 10 pounds, 10 ounces!
*When Kate changed the way she sleeps - from wanting to be on her tummy, to sleeping on her back with her arms covering her face
*When I learned all of my letters and their sounds in a matter of 2 weeks (thanks to Miss Auburn for the Leap Frog Video!)
*When I interact with other people in totally new ways (I ran to the fence when I heard kids playing in their back yard and yelled, "People! People? Want play?" And I found new friends EVERYWHERE I went this week...)
*Anytime she sees me doing things I've always done - sliding, swinging, dancing - only in this new, big girl body.

Click here for pictures of the week


Washing "Singarewwa's" hands - how obsessive about cold and flu season does Mommy have to be for me to learn to "play" hand-washing?

No comments:

Post a Comment