Saturday, September 7, 2013

Full Circle

Full Circle (adverb): through a series of developments that lead back to the original source, position, or situation or to a complete reversal of the original position —usually used in the phrase come full circle

It's been a full circle experience around here.  

I taught second grade at a brand new school in Katy ISD for three years.  The school was like family to me; the environment was overwhelmingly loving and welcoming.

When I had a precious baby girl 7 years ago, I stopped working at the school.  I lived nowhere near the attendance boundary lines of said school, so I expected that would be it for me.

Until we moved this summer.  Into a home that attends the same school that I used to teach in.

And then, I walked my baby girl into her second grade classroom.  The same classroom I used to teach in.  

The school is still overwhelmingly friendly.  The teachers and staff still treat each other like family.  Parents are still welcomed, respected... loved, even.  It's still the absolute perfect fit for our family.

Except this time, I'm the one leaving a student.  I'm walking out the door as the bell rings rather than setting up to teach.

Life comes full circle.  

And we are blessed.

Click here for pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment