Monday, September 26, 2011

Avery's Sonnet 43

How do my Nana and DD love me? Let me count the ways...

My Nana and DD's love is like lots of date nights for Mama and Daddy so their marriage can be blessed and I can be fully known by my grandparents.

My Nana and DD's love is like a 6 am wake up on a Saturday.

My DD's love is like driving through Whataburger on the way to a pizza joint so that everyone gets to eat their favorite meal.

My Nana's love is like a trip to Sam's to load up on snacks.

My DD's love is like a questionable nickname that stuck.

My Nana's love is like a big hug when no one else gets me.

My DD's love is like a castle... or wands... or anything mom or I dream up for birthday parties.

My Nana's love is like a swim in the middle of September when everyone else has said goodbye to summer but I just can't bear to yet.

My Nana and DD's love is like a date to the theatre to see Mary Poppins or Annie.

My Nana and DD's love is like a sick kid (or adult) that needs nursing back to health. Or a sickness that gets passed around because of all the cuddles and love.

My Nana and DD's love is like a band-aid on a make believe boo boo without question or doubt.

My DD's love is like hours of my favorite movies on repeat.

My Nana's love is like new literature, old favorite books, and the ones that she could read from memory.

My Nana and DD's love is extravagant, sacrificial, dependable attention, affection, and comfort.

And I am blessed by them!


Love,
Avery Blessed McClinton


No comments:

Post a Comment