Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Obsession (No Surprises Here)

Mommy and Avery keep talking about my Froggy Party that I'm going to have later this month. Avery loves parties and Mommy is glad to have a sidekick who will obsess over ribbon colors with her. Since they talk so much about it, I've figured this thing out.

Every time I hear the words, "birthday", "party", or "froggy", I yell, "Goggy Poh-ee!" For example, when Mommy was telling Avery about Miss Steph's going-away party, it was sort of hard for them to hear each other because I wouldn't stop shouting, "Goggy Poh-ee!" When we called Chase to wish him a Happy Birthday this week, I got so excited and couldn't stop yelling... you guessed it! - "Goggy Poh-ee!"

This week, my outfit for the Goggy Poh-ee came in the mail. Mommy let me try it on, but then she tried to take it back off of me! I was forced to yell and scream and cover the froggy on my shirt gingerly to protect him from Mom. I'd hover in a corner and stroke the froggy on my shirt... it was a valiant battle but I finally lost and Mom separated the Goggy and his Kit.

Sometimes I get shy around people, but lately Mommy and Daddy have found my magic button. If I don't want to talk to someone, all they do is say, "Kate, are you having a party?" No matter how shy I am, it is impossible to resist the chance to yell. "Goggy Poh-ee!"


Love,
Kate Goggy-Pohee McClinton

PS - Daddy has taken up my cause and is trying to talk Mommy into letting us get a real, live Goggy. He says if it makes me the happiest kid on earth, how could Mommy say no? That Daddy's got my back!

1 comment:

  1. The Froggy Party should be a lot of fun at the Gym. They can jump and hop. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete