Monday, July 26, 2010

Birthdays and Doctors

This was a special sort of week. First, we had a non-stop baking party at our house all week. We made cupcakes, a cake, sugar cookies, and muffins. We were going to make a cake for Nana's birthday, too, but Nana said for her birthday she'd rather us be happy than tired... even if it meant her cake would have to wait a week or so.

We did lots of baking because we did lots of celebrating this week. I got to have all of my playgroup friends over for a pool party at Nana's house this week. Me and my pals spent most of the time in the deep end on floaties. We were pretty proud of ourselves for being so grown up.

Then, it was time to celebrate Amelia's first birthday! Mommy let me pick out the presents (a fish book and fish keys... "Because Amelia likes fish," I told Mommy), the balloons, and the cake decorations. Then I decorated the cake (It read: "Day Happy Birth"). Amelia got another special cake when she celebrated on Sunday, so we thought it was okay that this cake had Avery touches.

Nana's birthday is just two days after Amelia's, and so we got to celebrate her special day too! (Trey and Erin were even in town for it, and I told Nana, "Aunt Erin is my favorite girl in the whole wide world.")

Mommy and I were talking about what to get Nana for her birthday and I remembered that Nana likes books best of all. So, I picked out 5 of my favorite books from my bookshelf and wrapped them up for Nana. (Nana's other special gift was a ride-on roller coaster. Somehow a present for Nana that looks like a toy for us still brought joy to her on her birthday. Our Nana sure is selfless and loving!)

We also got to spend a lot of time at doctors' offices last week. I went to the doctor to talk about my "trigger finger", but the doc told Mommy it is fine unless it starts to hurt me (it doesn't). Then, it was Kate's turn to visit a doctor. She didn't have any immediate need for a doctor's visit, so I helped create one. In a wrestling match, I yanked her arm a little too hard and it popped out. Since it was late at night, we got to go to the ER. Katie Beth was easily fixed and even got a Popsicle for her trouble. Mommy and Daddy marvel at how for 3 years of parenting, no one visited the ER. Now, in a year's time, we've had 4 trips to the ER. What happened? :)

Luckily, the doctors trips did not spoil the fun of having everyone together for birthdays and fun. Happy Birthday, Amelia and Nana!


Love,
Avery "Party Girl" McClinton

1 comment:

  1. What a happy birthday week for Amelia and Nana.
    Glad Katie is okey.

    ReplyDelete