Sunday, September 13, 2009

Important Things

So many important things have been going on in the last few weeks!

I started school on my birthday. I go two days a week now instead of just one like last year. I walk into the building with my friends and my teacher instead of having Mommy drop me off. I act like it's no big thing. I'm so lucky because I have my friends Hannah and Jackson in my class. I really like my teachers, Ms. Michelle and Ms. Barbara, and I love playing playdough and motor skills and a new place called chapel. Some days, I tell Mama some things about my day, but other times, I just tell her, "I don't want to tell you anything about it." And that's that.

For my birthday, I got to start going to dance lessons at Adamsons Ballet School. I went for the first time this week, and at first I had to make sure everyone noticed me by crying and carrying on. Once I started participating, though, I loved every second of it, and the first thing I said to Mommy when time was up was, "Can I please come back here again soon?" The only thing I wondered about was that Mommy told me I'd get to dance like So You Think You Can Dance and I didn't notice a stage at all. I asked Mommy where the stage was, and she promised me I'll dance on one in May!

Katie Beth is also growing really fast. Well, maybe not growing, as in gaining weight, but changing and learning, for sure. She learned how to stand all by herself lately, and then started taking a few steps (usually 3-5 at a time). She likes to sit in a big girl chair with me when she eats, too. She's also talking more, saying, "Wah-whoo?!" while she holds a phone to her ear, calling for Mama and Dada and DD and even sometimes flirting with Nana and calling her name.

We also went to lots more parties, fought off a cold, visited with Aunts and Uncles and the all important cousin, and swam a few last times.

And you know, now that I'm three, I've got this whole thing figured out.

For one, Daddy is really good at pancakes. And reminding Mommy of this when she's struggling to turn one over is known as perfect timing.
Daddy also has really big muscles. He uses them to carry heavy furniture, replace batteries, fix computers, and all sorts of other things.
My mommy, she's good at "wearing necklaces and cleaning tables". And, according to me, not much else. (But Mommy knows we're BFFs no matter what I say.)


Lots to say this week! Lots going on!
Love,
Dancing Queen Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment