Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Week of Avery-isms


On Sunday, while spending the night away from home:
"Nana, I ready to go home. I have a good family. I have a good mommy and a good sister and I gonna have a cousin. And I have a good daddy."

On Monday, after washing her hands:
"I all done daddy!"
"Here I come, baby."
"You such a good daddy, daddy."

On Tuesday, after nap (before which Mommy did NOT happen to be angry...):
"You not angry anymore, Mommy? Sometimes Mommy is angry."

(And Tuesday night, headed down the stairs to meet daddy at the door:
"She just wants me for my body." - Mommy and daddy nearly flipped out until we realized it's from a preview to Cars and NOT stranger danger...)

On Wednesday, after the Blue Bell ice cream tour, while putting her shoes on the right feet:
"I so proud of my parents."
And while walking Dottie Mae:
"Dottie, stop. Dottie! Stop! You freaking me out!"

On Thursday, after an accident on the floor:
"Avery, what happened?"(crying)
"I just want to put teetee on Mommy's floor."
"Why in the world would you think that's ok?"
"A-cuz I am a princess."

On Friday, after a baby shower at Clay's when the rain started coming down:
Mommy: "Boom, boom, boom, Mr. Brown is a wonder, boom, boom, boom, he makes thunder."
"No, mommy, Thee-thus (Jesus) makes thunder."

On Saturday, while spending the day with just Daddy while Mommy and Kate were in Spring for the weekend:
"I eat oranges in 3 weeks." (Remember the Charlie Brown tree we planted 1 week ago...)
"Well, baby, we'll eat oranges when the tree makes them. Maybe longer than three weeks."
"Uh-huh. Three weeks."

Click here for pictures from another full week!

Love,
Avery-ism McClinton

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! You are going to treasure those Avery-isms forever. Adam's mom still loves to talk about all the cute things he did as a toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the "you freaking me out" one! Totally sounds like her mommy!

    ReplyDelete