Monday, June 9, 2008

River Rat

What a weekend! I started the weekend Friday morning surrounded by people who love me. Mommy and Daddy and I met Nana and Granddaddy and Nonnie at the doctor's office to look at pictures of my baby. I don't really know what all of the fuss was about, but having people who love me stay close by is always a plus! Mommy had to give blood so we ate out as her reward, and afterward, even though I was VERY tired, I decided to reward her in my own special way... by refusing to nap! Luckily, it was a date night for Mommy and Daddy, so we got a nice break from each other Friday night.

On Saturday, Nana and Granddaddy and I picked up Mommy and Daddy and we headed to Lockhart. When we got there, I got to play with my little cousin Jenna. Even though she's a year younger than me, she is plenty of fun and thought I was pretty interesting. I ate a yummy lunch at Nanny's and then headed to Mimi and Gran's for naptime.

After nap, I got to get up and go swimming in Mimi's pool. I also played with all of my fun toys there and really enjoyed the tv that was right on my level. AND, my Aunt Amanda and Uncle David showed up to play with me too! After a great day, I enjoyed a bath and my night time story with Mimi.

When I woke up Sunday morning, I got special time to play with Mimi before it was time to head out again. We loaded up, but instead of going home, we went to a place with lots of trees and a river! Nana said she used to camp there a lot as a little girl. I got to meet a lot of my relatives AND swim in a "pool" that had moving water. At first, I yelled at the water - "no!", to make it stop, but once I got used to it, I realized just how much fun moving water can be.

I played well with my cousins David, Derrick, and Jenna - as long as they didn't get too close and no one was trying to take my picture.

My favorite parts were being held in the fast water, collecting rocks, swimming downstream from Nana to Daddy, and rising rapids with Daddy. Unfortunately, at about an hour past my naptime, Mommy called the fun off and brought me back to Lockhart for a nap.
I spent the nap dreaming of the river!
Love,
River Rat Avery

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment