Monday, June 16, 2008

Pool Time, Blueberries, and Father's Day

What a week! What a weekend!

I spent most of last week in the pool - literally. Mom and I went swimming Tuesday through Friday and I had swim lessons with Daddy on Saturday. It's safe to say I'm turning into quite a little fish! On Wednesday, I went to a special pool party at my friend Matt's house, and he had a 10 foot slide into the pool. I thought it was so much fun! When Mom read the sign saying it wasn't for pregnant women, I was still willing to slide down it by myself to Miss Ella, who caught me in the pool. I'm such a daredevil some days!

Then, as if that wasn't a wonderful enough week, I got to go to Spring after naptime on Saturday. Aunt Amanda and Uncle David and Mom and Daddy all took me to Moorehead Blueberry Farm, where we each got buckets to put blueberries in. At first, I let Dad do all the work and just enjoyed eating the blueberries out of the bucket, but then Aunt Amanda got smart. She figured out that if I helped her pick blueberries, it took longer and I ate fewer total. It was so much fun! After that, we went to dinner and then back to Aunt Amanda's house, where I bonded with Uncle David. It was a wonderful day!

Sunday was ALSO a special day! I woke up and joined my Daddy in his bed for breakfast. Then, I got to put on my extra special outfit that Daddy made me (it matches his shirt and is even made out of a men's shirt... and yes, he had help from my Mimi...) We wore our outfits to church, where everyone oohed and aahed over Daddy's skill and how cute I looked. After naptime, we got to take Daddy to dinner at Berryhill and playtime by the fountain. It was an amazing weekend, but it left me pooped!

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES

Love,
Your Little Swimmer Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment