Monday, June 23, 2014

Gran's 95th Birthday!

We went to Lockhart to celebrate Gran's 95th birthday!  We made him a banner and ice cream cake.  We swam and found rolypoly bugs and we ate chicken and french fries (and the adults ate catfish and okra but I didn't want to try it).  At night, Mom and Dad let me and Avery spend the night at Mimi and Gran's house for a sleepover when they went to the hotel.  The best part of that was the chocolate chip waffles in the morning!


When we were in Lockhart for Gran's birthday, we went to the watch the Chisholm Trail Roundup Parade.  We went to where the parade was waiting to start and we noticed some princesses on a float.  We got to meet them and take pictures with them.  Then one of the princesses told us about how she trains dogs and rides horses and she let me try on her tiara!  She asked me to sit up next to her on the float while they were waiting for the parade to start and she taught me how to wave like a princess in a parade.  She even gave me a fan to cool off with.


Love, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment