Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sister Moms

This week at the Hyatt Hill Country resort, I had an epiphany.

It started when I heard Amelia tell Mommy: "Aunt Angela, I'm just going to call you Mommy since my Mommy is in meetings today and she can't be with us."

Sister Moms.  Trading off duties, sharing talents.  It made sense to
me.  Sometimes my Mommy seems like she's all tapped out.  But Amanda always has extra love to share with me!  So, as soon as Aunt Amanda was available, I clung to her and called her "Mommy".  I decided that no one else could hold me or help me... no one but my new Mommy.

And when people asked me who my Mommy was, I'd run to Aunt Amanda.

And later in the weekend, when someone would tell me to go see Mommy, I'd look around, back and forth, trying to figure out which Mommy they meant.  I'd run towards Amanda, and she'd sometimes have to tell me: "Reese, go see your other Mommy."

Sister Moms.  Why haven't I thought of this before?

Love, Reese

Click here for pictures of the week 

No comments:

Post a Comment