Monday, August 12, 2013

Allowance

Reese is ready to shop, too!
Avery and I have been earning an allowance this summer by helping out with chores.

On payday, we took a trip to the store.  I found a doll for $6 - $1 more than I had in my purse.  I decided to save my  money until next week and come back for the doll.

Except... on the way out of the store, I found a ring pop.  And ring pops don't cost that much - so I could get it, and still save for the doll.  (Goodbye, $1.00)

But then, two days later we were at Hobby Lobby and I found Bubble Tape.  $2.  That's not too much... so I bought it.  Now my coin purse is a little lighter ... but I can still save for the doll. (Goodbye, $2.00)

I shared my Bubble Tape with Avery and I ate some, too.  I put the rest in my purse for safe keeping.

Later that day, Avery's shirt and water bottle both ended up with gum all over them.

And the next morning, I came running downstairs.  "Mommy!  I found my gum container but I can't find my gum anywhere!  We don't know where it went!"

Gum was promptly added to the No-Buy List.

Live and Learn... I guess?

Click here for pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment