Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm Back

Since 2008, I have blogged once a week about life as we live it.  I process life through words and so this blog has been more for me than anything else.  I hope other people enjoy it, but I don't keep up with it for any reason other than pure enjoyment.  I love recounting our weeks and looking back at pictures.

On May 1st, my brother went in for a routine surgery that was botched.  His life hung in the balance and he went through things I cannot even fathom.  He's still on a journey back to health, and it will be a long journey.  He continues to be my hero as he and Erin ride this wave with grace, honesty, and courage.  

For a month, I couldn't write.  I couldn't look back at pictures, even happy ones, from the weeks we'd been through.  My heart and my mind were, for the first time, unable to process the events we were living through using words.  It was horrific and painful and strangely beautiful in the way God used it in my life.

Although Trey's journey is not over, his determination and resolve are strong and there are instances when I cry with joy over positive news.  May was Survival May.  June will be different.  

So, I'm back, with a month's worth of back-dated posts about life here in Texas while Trey was fighting for his life in LA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment